Gold Community Okay -- Your Turn
    > Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil
        > Rath's Campaign Log
New Topic    Add Reply

<< Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Author Comment
RathOfLanderdrachen
Pie
(11/24/02 3:51:52 pm)
Reply
Rath's Campaign Log
Our game is played online at rpol.net

===========================================================
From : The Dungeon Master
Access : GM
Posts : 5
Portrait : mfs016.jpg
Date : 13:07, Thu 14 Nov 2002
Subject : The Adventure Begins
-----------------------------------------------------------
Some were seeking adventure, some were seeking their fortunes, others perhaps escaping from something, others had simply been hired as a security force. Regardless of their reasoning for being on the southbound caravan, most had lost their lives. The trip from Verbobonc down to Enstad was supposed to have gone smoothly, should have been a "safe" trip.

Just two days into the trip horrential downpours became common place as a group of storms rolled through the area.

Who knows how they moved up so quickly, perhaps the storm shielded their advance, a horde of no less than two hundred hobgoblins attacked the caravan as it stopped for a night's rest.

They fell upon the caravan with a fury unsurpassed by anything the merchants and passengers had ever seen. The slaughter that followed was anything but pleasant. The assault raged for a mere five minutes, but in that five minutes all but thirty people perished.

Salvaging a map from the ruins of the lead wagon, which was virtually all the hobgoblins left, the survivors soon realized that the nearest town would be a place called Nulb. For some reason the caravan's navigator had marked Nulb as a potentially dangerous place to visit. Ignoring the map's warning and saying, "Any port in a storm," one of the caravan's last surviving officers judged it to be the best option.

On through the rain the group of survivors walked, the storm seemingly growing worse and worse as the group neared Nulb. Topping a hill the faint outline of buildings can be made out in the blackness of the night. A bolt of lightning strikes the ground just outside the town providing not only a scare but a brief moment of light....there are some people moving on the towns streets. Another bolt streaks across the sky, again providing the scene with a moment of light. The buildings are awfully run down.....Why aren't there any lights from at least one of the buidlings...something isn't right......Another bolt of lightning lights the sky.... oh look they see us, here some of them come to help us...

Nearly a minute passes before a bolt of lightning again lights the scene, Look at them!!!!!! Their skin is falling from their bodies.....that smell..... they are zombies!!!

The walking dead seem to come from all directions, cries of terror and shrieks of pain hang in the air as one by one the group falls prey to the souless abominations. "RUN" is the last thing you heard, or cared to hear. Without looking back... without hesitating... you ran, a sense of fear gripping your souls, the likes of which you have never felt, chills you to the bone.

Stumbling through the woods for hours, a new day is beginning as the sun breaks the horizon on its way up into the sky. Your group was trimmed to five by the undead. Just to the south dogs can be heard to bark, roosters are crowing. The smells of smoke and breakfast hang on the air.

Minutes later you stumble out of the wilds and into the outskirts of yet another town. A small sign at its crossroads reads "Hommlet". Just past it is what seems to be a tavern. On the side of it is a sign that reads, "Inn of the Welcome Wench"

Welcome to the game, enjoy it while you can ;)










===========================================================
From : Frost
Access : player
Posts : 1
Portrait : mfr016.jpg
Date : 21:25, Thu 14 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Adventure Begins
-----------------------------------------------------------
Frost contemplates the sign handing outside the building and smiles for the first time in hours, there a number of things about it he liked, but mostly that it was there, any wenches would indeed be welcome but just a place to rest and recover shattered nerves, fill the void in his belly with a plate of warm gruel and dry off before a roaring fire with a glass of spiced wine or maybe even a nice little brandy. The though of it raised his spirits and put the spring back into his step, it's surprising how simple ones requirements are when your just happy to be alive.

Checking around the pitifully few survivors and seeing none are injured Frost seeks to encourage them, "come my friends and I will buy the first round to toast our fallen comrades," and with a smile and purposeful stride, he enters the village and the Inn.

===========================================================
From : Talia of Rel Astra
Access : player
Posts : 2
Portrait : fmc058.jpg
Date : 21:35, Thu 14 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Adventure Begins
-----------------------------------------------------------
Talia looks around, finding herself, for once, thankful for the sight of an inn and civilization. "Nothing like foul weather and a run in with the undead to make you appreciate four walls," she comments wryly, feeling her still damp braid that hangs down her back.

Inside her cloak, something shifts, and a doppled snake pokes its head out of the space between the fastenings, flicking a tongue out to taste the air as she sways slightly back and forth. With a look of almost human disgust, the reptile pulls her head back inside, seeking the warmth of her mistress.

"Sythis agrees with me, it seems," she says with a shrug as she follows Frost, smoothing the folds of her cloak around her frame with a shiver of her own.
===========================================================
From : Anto
Access : player
Posts : 2
Date : 01:59, Fri 15 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Adventure Begins
-----------------------------------------------------------
Drawing himself up to his full and noble height of 3' Anto makes the gesture of brushing off the trail dirt/mud.. Being hopeless he responds to the offer of drink,
"I could go for that in a big way."
Looking to his traveling troop he smiles and hopes for better things in their future.
"This weather has done a number on me not to mention the fligt from zombies. Fortunately they were not faster or I may not have made it for your generous offer. Well, let us be off and do just that."
===========================================================
From : Ruger
Access : player
Posts : 2
Bio1 : Halfling. 37in 33lbs
Bio2 : blk hair, saphr eyes.
Portrait : mfr005.jpg
Date : 13:31, Fri 15 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Adventure Begins
-----------------------------------------------------------
Taking the sides of his hood in his small hands Ruger pulls it back to his shoulders to allow the sun to once again bathe his face in its warm glow. Reaching up with his index finger he presses the side of his helm and with a *SNICK* the visor slides apart retracting inside the helm. "Blasted weather. Tis good to see daylight once again and a town without the living dead to great ye."

Sliding the metal helm off his head it hangs by a small chain to the back of his armor and rest inside the hood of his black wolverine furred cloak. When he does get closer to the sign he giggles like a child at the wordings the tall folk used on thier sign. "Ah fresh mead and a WENCH to bring it to ye. The day does seem better already. Though I think a bath would be good about now as well." Rugers mood seems to have returned with the promise of warmth and food, oh and of course a wench or two.
===========================================================
From : Frost
Access : player
Posts : 3
Portrait : mfr016.jpg
Date : 16:51, Sat 16 Nov 2002
Subject : Introductions
-----------------------------------------------------------
Pausing by the doorstep to knock the mud from his boots Frost holds the door for Talia and follows her into the Inn, nodding and smiling at any patron who catches his eye and finding a table as near to the fire as possible. When he can catch the attention of whoever serves he orders the drinks he promised but meanwhile introduces himself, "I didn't get to meet many people on the caravan, Harry Frost," he says, "but just Frost to my friends, a simple wanderer who earns a crust where he can."

The man seems to have few positions remaining after the nights debacle, apart from his longsword and the cloths he stands in, (OOC as on page 94 of the players hand book), he caries only a fiddle case.

===========================================================
From : Anto
Access : player
Posts : 3
Bio1 : Halfling - Male
Bio2 : Pal/Sor
Date : 01:25, Sun 17 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Introductions
-----------------------------------------------------------
Brrr, trying to shake off the chill that has seemly reached his bones Anto drapes his wet cloak over his chair. What is revealed is a well dressed halfling bearing the herald of the Goddess of luck upon his chest and a fine short sword on his back.
Moving around to Frost he reaches out in an adventurers grasp,
"Well met, Frost. My name is Anto, paladin follower of lady luck. Thanks for the round of drink and let me get the next as we all get to know each other."
He then proceeds to greet the rest of the survivors.
===========================================================
From : Talia of Rel Astra
Access : player
Posts : 3
Portrait : fmc058.jpg
Date : 12:19, Sun 17 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Introductions
-----------------------------------------------------------
Talia smiles and nods in thanks at Frost as he holds the door for her, and she moves greatfully into the warmth of the room. Ignoring the table and the serving maid, she moves over to the fire, unheeding the water that drips from her cloak onto the floor. She holds out her hands to the blaze, wincing slightly as the heat helps to painfully restore the circulation. After a few moments, she recalls that custom dictates that her outer wear be removed, and she sheds her cloak, revealing well-kept leather armor over clothing of pine green.

"And I am Talia, formerly of Rel Astra, druid in service of Daghdah. I thank you for your companionship along the road - it seems that things are most unsettled, even for these lands," she says by way of introduction. Strangely, there had been almost a compulsion against talking in the aftermath of their flight, as if conversation would bring more disaster upon them.


This message was last edited by the player at 17:33, Sun 17 Nov 2002.
===========================================================
From : Ruger
Access : player
Posts : 3
Bio1 : Halfling. 37in 33lbs
Bio2 : blk hair, saphr eyes.
Portrait : mfr005.jpg
Date : 13:18, Sun 17 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Introductions
-----------------------------------------------------------
Climbing into the human sized seat he stands his full 3'1" as he turns in the chair to hand his barely damp cloak on the back of the chair. He is glad that the wolverines fur repels water and other such elements of bad weather. With a grin he turns to face Frost and with a chipper tone to his voice he greats him. "Well met Mr. Frost. I am Ruger Thistlewood, but just call me Ruger if ye would." He moves around in the chair and causes the black helm to bounce against his elven crafted studded leather.

Scanning over the band of travelers that he made it through the battles with his Sapphire Blue eyes fall upon the case Frost is carrying. "Ye be a musician Frost?" His little index finger points to the case he has with a smile. He motions for a wench to come over to them as he waits for an answer from him. his heart is glad to see his kind managed to survive the attack and looks forward to hearing more from the others as the rest here.
===========================================================
From : Frost
Access : player
Posts : 4
Portrait : mfr016.jpg
Date : 15:25, Sun 17 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Introductions
-----------------------------------------------------------
"It seems your Goddess has been with us tonight my friend," Frost says, returning Anto's grasp, "though not our companions it seems," he adds, the smile leaving his face for just a moment, "still, I am privileged to find myself in the company of two halflings this morning," he continued turning to the other, "but I'm hardly a musician Ruger, it's just something to pass the time, but what of you sir, is that fine cloak a trophy?"

OOC, Of the record Frost is indeed a Bard but thinks of himself as, 'just some guy, you knw.'

===========================================================
From : Ruger
Access : player
Posts : 4
Bio1 : Halfling. 37in 33lbs
Bio2 : blk hair, saphr eyes.
Portrait : mfr005.jpg
Date : 17:19, Sun 17 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Introductions
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ruger smiles at Frost as he is being modest about his talent with music and when he ask of his cloak his hand reaches down to touch the soft fur. "Aye it be a gift from my betrothed. Slain by her own hands and made by them as well. It does well to keep the water and snow off off me in my travels, but it does its best in keeping me warm." You can see that he does treasure it very much by the look on his face and the way he keeps touching it as he speaks. "As for myself I am just an archer for hire and it seems fate has seen it fit to keep me alive as it has you all. Come lets drink to being alive and not a new member of the undead legions." He takes up his glass and raises it up in a toast to them being alive.
===========================================================
From : The Dungeon Master
Access : GM
Posts : 9
Portrait : mfs016.jpg
Date : 18:47, Sun 17 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Introductions
-----------------------------------------------------------
The barkeep, a pale skinned, black haired woman with just a hint of elven features named Maridosen, gets the group served and once more takes up her position behind the bar just a few feet away. Joining her in the common room is an aging woman who looks around and points out things that need to be "taken care of" prior to the noontime regulars arrive.

Scanning the area you notice a man clad in studded leather armor sitting over by the wall. Seemingly overhearing your conversation he begins to move in your direction......
===========================================================
From : Chatrilon
Access : player
Posts : 1
Portrait : mfr019.jpg
Date : 18:47, Sun 17 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Introductions
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Sounds like you folks had a rough evening, undead legions did you say????" Pulling a chair up, I've heard of some hobgoblins and such up north a little ways causing quite a bit of trouble lately, I've even heard old wives tales about the ruins of Nulb being haunted, but I never heard anyone talking about legions of undead. Sounds like it might be interesting, things around here have been pretty boring lately."


This message was last edited by the player at 18:48, Sun 17 Nov 2002.
===========================================================
From : Frost
Access : player
Posts : 5
Portrait : mfr016.jpg
Date : 18:59, Sun 17 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Introductions
-----------------------------------------------------------
"It got 'interesting' for the residents of Nulb," Frost says, eyeing the newcomer inquisitively, "the town is now occupied by nothing but Zombies would you wish that here in you're own town?"
===========================================================
From : Ruger
Access : player
Posts : 5
Bio1 : Halfling. 37in 33lbs
Bio2 : blk hair, saphr eyes.
Portrait : mfr005.jpg
Date : 19:28, Sun 17 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Introductions
-----------------------------------------------------------
Setting his glass down on the table Ruger eyes the man who took it upon himself to sit down with them and push his way into the conversation. "Ahhh! Have a seat. Pardon, but I did not catch your name at all." You can tell he is being sarcastic with the man.
===========================================================
From : Chatrilon
Access : player
Posts : 2
Portrait : mfr019.jpg
Date : 19:34, Sun 17 Nov 2002
Subject : I see
-----------------------------------------------------------
"It is clear that you are not from around here stranger. Nulb has not been a town for several years now. Nothing more than a set of abandoned buildings. I certainly do not wish for trouble here, merely pointing out that sometimes when problems arise people are rewarded for solving them.

You might say that I seek adventure, I crave action. Just the other day I travelled out to the out moathouse to see if anything stirred or could be found in its ruins, and as usual I was disappointed. Nothing there except for rusted metal, rotten wood, and high weeds.

Sounds to me as if there may be some action to be had back to the north. In fact I would dare say that Elmo may even talk Rufus and Burne into funding a little trip up there."

Realizing that his current company may not recognize those names, "Elmo is the captain of the guard here, Rufus and Burne are the founders and rulers of Hommlet and its immediate surroundings."
===========================================================
From : Frost
Access : player
Posts : 6
Portrait : mfr016.jpg
Date : 20:06, Sun 17 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: I see
-----------------------------------------------------------
Frost has to smile at Ruger's comments "Apologies then, we came across the place at night after our caravan was raided, probably by the same Hobgoblins you speak of, so I didn't realise the place had been abandoned." Pausing for a pull of his ale frost continues, "I must say talk of reward intrigues me, I lost my cart and all I own to those hairy freaks, I was getting quite fond of that horse as well, they are probably having it for breakfast." Then offering his hand, "Harry Frost," he says, "but just Frost to my friends," and waits to hear the other's name.
===========================================================
From : Ruger
Access : player
Posts : 6
Bio1 : Halfling. 37in 33lbs
Bio2 : blk hair, saphr eyes.
Portrait : mfr005.jpg
Date : 20:24, Sun 17 Nov 2002
Subject : Waiting
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ruger crosses his arms as he waits for the name of the man who decided to make himself at home at the table they sit at. The little halfling stares at the man with growing anger in his eyes. He finds it just hard to talk to people without knowing how to address them. Though he guesses he could just call him by the name his mother always called the mule his father owned.
===========================================================
From : Jedder Ras
Access : player
Posts : 2
Portrait : mfs025.jpg
Date : 21:02, Sun 17 Nov 2002
Subject : grand entrance
-----------------------------------------------------------
A dark garbed figure backs in through the doorway, sliding between the frame and door as though he was fearful to let anything else by. He removes his soaked cloak and tosses it to a bar-matron. His eyes scan the crowd and finally he sees the group he travelled with. With direct strides he moves to them and sits with no fanfare.

It seems as though what we saw on the road here has not followed us.

With no trace of a smile he looks at Chatrillon. Who is this?
===========================================================
From : Frost
Access : player
Posts : 7
Portrait : mfr016.jpg
Date : 21:26, Sun 17 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: grand entrance
-----------------------------------------------------------
Frost looks at Ruger as his eyebrows slowly come back down from where they have been trying to hide under his hair line, if he thought the local was rude the little guy is gona be really impressed by this one.

Turning to the fresh newcomer and trying to keep the amusement off of his face Frost says, "we were just about to find out," and then, trying to imitate Ruger's voice and sarcasum, "Ahhh! Have a seat. Pardon, but I did not catch your name at all," finally tipping Ruger a wink.

OOC, I don't know if that's 'Perform' or not in your book DM, so I just rolled 1d20 and guess who got MAX :)

===========================================================
From : Ruger
Access : player
Posts : 7
Bio1 : Halfling. 37in 33lbs
Bio2 : blk hair, saphr eyes.
Portrait : mfr005.jpg
Date : 22:00, Sun 17 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: grand entrance
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ruger nods to the man who went through the battles with them and a smile breaks on his face as Frost mimics him in trying to get the other man to speak his name. Taking up his glass he swills the last bit of meed from it before banging it down on the table. Looking to the new patron at the table he smirks at him. "Glad to see ye made it as well. Names Ruger and you are?"
===========================================================
From : Jedder Ras
Access : player
Posts : 4
Portrait : mfs025.jpg
Date : 22:53, Sun 17 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: grand entrance
-----------------------------------------------------------
Jedder, Jedder Ras.

He looks at the both of you and then leans back in his chair ready to hear what the stranger has to say.
===========================================================
From : Anto
Access : player
Posts : 4
Bio1 : Halfling - Male
Bio2 : Pal/Sor
Date : 04:31, Mon 18 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: grand entrance
-----------------------------------------------------------
Anto keeps silents for a tme as things play out with the stranger. While doing so he scans over the group for any signs of evil directly then will look over some of the crowd nearby.
Swirling the last of his own drink he gulps it down and call for the lady to bring the next round.
===========================================================
From : Ruger
Access : player
Posts : 8
Bio1 : Halfling. 37in 33lbs
Bio2 : blk hair, saphr eyes.
Portrait : mfr005.jpg
Date : 09:38, Mon 18 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: grand entrance
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Glad to meet ye Jedder." he says with a smile, but quickly turns to the wench that is being summoned and reaches up to pull up his coin purse so that he can buy himself a warm meal and waits like a child having to wait to go to the bathroom as the wench takes her time in getting to them.
===========================================================
From : The Dungeon Master
Access : GM
Posts : 10
Portrait : mfs016.jpg
Date : 09:44, Mon 18 Nov 2002
Subject : Looking around
-----------------------------------------------------------
As Anto slowly looks around the inn the little paladin seems to be concentrating awfully hard.

[Private to Anto: There is evil present within the room. ]


This message was last edited by the GM at 10:47, Mon 18 Nov 2002.
===========================================================
From : Maridosen
Access : player
Posts : 1
Portrait : ffr014.jpg
Date : 12:52, Mon 18 Nov 2002
Subject : Can I speak with you for a moment?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Chatrilon, can I speak with you outside for a moment?"

Turning to face the source of the voice it becomes clear that it was the barkeep who made the request.

Without waiting for an answer Maridosen turns and heads out a side door.
===========================================================
From : Chatrilon
Access : player
Posts : 3
Portrait : mfr019.jpg
Date : 12:56, Mon 18 Nov 2002
Subject : Can't keep a lady waiting
-----------------------------------------------------------
"If you will excuse me, perhaps we can finish this conversation a bit later."

Turning to follow Maridosen outside, Chatrilon heads out the same door.
===========================================================
From : Ruger
Access : player
Posts : 9
Bio1 : Halfling. 37in 33lbs
Bio2 : blk hair, saphr eyes.
Portrait : mfr005.jpg
Date : 16:05, Mon 18 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Can't keep a lady waiting
-----------------------------------------------------------
With a big grin he smiles at the wench who spoke the mans name for him. "Sure thing Chatrilon." After the man leaves he turns to Frost and in a low tone he smirks and speaks to him. "Well we know who he answers to. I wonder if she has to wipe his...." He lets the thought hang in the air as he looks around for the wench to come bring him some food.
===========================================================
From : Elmo
Access : player
Posts : 1
Portrait : mfw037.jpg
Date : 16:20, Mon 18 Nov 2002
Subject : Where are they?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"You wouldn't be the bunch that came stumbling into town this morning would ya?"

The voice comes from the front door as a rather able bodied human male enters clad in chainmail armor and carrying a rather large battleaxe. He seems to be eagerly awaiting a response.


This message was last edited by the player at 16:34, Mon 18 Nov 2002.
===========================================================
From : Anto
Access : player
Posts : 5
Bio1 : Halfling - Male
Bio2 : Pal/Sor
Date : 17:21, Mon 18 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Where are they?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Aye, that would be us. What gave us away? Th......,"
He holds his tongue as a part of him is tempted to answer too humorously.
"Nevermind really, what can we do you for?"
He asks as his concentration wans and he is drawn into conversation again. He thanks the maiden that finally brings them the next round and tells her to keep an eye on the level of drink. He too slips her a few silver extra for her effort.

[Private to GM: So, where was this evil source?]

===========================================================
From : Ruger
Access : player
Posts : 10
Bio1 : Halfling. 37in 33lbs
Bio2 : blk hair, saphr eyes.
Portrait : mfr005.jpg
Date : 18:40, Mon 18 Nov 2002
Subject : A wee joke :P
-----------------------------------------------------------
Looking at the man with the big bad axe who is asking about the party that came into town this morning he smiles with froth from the ale on his upper lip. Looking at Frost he speaks low to him. "Wonder if that axe means he is trying to make up for a lack of something." A big grin spreads over his foamed mouth as he is sure Frost gets the idea of his words.
===========================================================
From : Frost
Access : player
Posts : 8
Portrait : mfr016.jpg
Date : 19:16, Mon 18 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: A wee joke :P
-----------------------------------------------------------
Frost suddenly snorts and chokes on his own beer, he recovers quickly but with tears still streaming down his cheeks which tremble under his efforts to suppress a grin, "chough, pardon Sir," he says the latest newcomer, while using his foot to bump Ruger's chair under the table, "we did, chough, we did arrive this morning after a particularly difficult night, might I enquire after your name and business, pull up a chair why don’t you."
===========================================================
From : Elmo
Access : player
Posts : 2
Portrait : mfw037.jpg
Date : 07:50, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : I happen to be........
-----------------------------------------------------------
I am Elmo, captain of the guard here in Hommlet. If there be trouble in Hommlet, it is my job to deal with it. Strangers come wandering into town, sometimes that can lead to trouble. I usually try to seek out newcomers and speak with them so that I might have an idea of what kind of people I am dealing with.

It has proven wise on several occasions, offends some every now and again but if it keeps my town safe then it is worth it.

[Private to Anto: You would have needed to concentrate for longer, per the spell descrip 1 round merely confirms that absence or presence of evil auras.]


This message was last edited by the player at 07:53, Tue 19 Nov 2002.
===========================================================
From : Jabari
Access : player
Posts : 2
Bio1 : Kind and hunsome
Bio2 : young elf
Portrait : mfr004.jpg
Date : 10:46, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : Don't like it...not one bit...
-----------------------------------------------------------
The door to the inn opens and entering the establishmanet is a young male elf. He stops, tugs his long blond hair behind his pointy ears, looks around for a moment and then walks straight towards the captain of the guard. His worried gaze meets that of Elmo as you hear him say:

"Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but a rather concerning issue I think needs your attention, ELmo, my friend, can I have a word with you?"


This message was last edited by the player at 11:12, Tue 19 Nov 2002.
===========================================================
From : Elmo
Access : player
Posts : 3
Portrait : mfw037.jpg
Date : 10:51, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : Certainly
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Certainly Jabari. What's on your mind?"
===========================================================
From : Jabari
Access : player
Posts : 3
Bio1 : Kind and hunsome
Bio2 : young elf
Portrait : mfr004.jpg
Date : 11:08, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Certainly
-----------------------------------------------------------
The words are just spilling out of the young elf's mouth and you can clearly hear the concern, that weighs in his voice:

"You know about the fact, that I am looking after young Renee, when her father is out of town. Spugnoir is usually back by the end of the day he left or at least the day after, but this time he has been gone for two days and two nights and little Renee and I are quite concerened. He went to gather herbs up at the moathouse like he has done so many times. He knows the area and won't get himself into any danger, since he is Renees only parent.
Elmo, what should I do , if I go to the moathouse myself, it is dangerous and if anything happen to me, who will be there for little Renee. I am willing to accompany anybody, just help me out!"
===========================================================
From : Chatrilon
Access : player
Posts : 4
Portrait : mfr019.jpg
Date : 11:56, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : Enter stage left
-----------------------------------------------------------
As attention is drawn to Elmo and Jabari, the man known as Chatrilon comes back into the room just in time to hear Jabari speaking to the captain of the guard.
===========================================================
From : Renne
Access : player
Posts : 1
Portrait : ffs072.jpg
Date : 12:02, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : Sneaking in
-----------------------------------------------------------
Quietly slipping up behind Jabari as he speaks is a young girl, she seems to listen intently to the conversation between Elmo and the elf. As she hears the words of Jabari she moves around him so that Elmo can see her. "Please, I know that father knows the ruins well, but he has not returned. He has never been gone this long. Something must be terribly wrong. Can't you go and have a look around."
===========================================================
From : Elmo
Access : player
Posts : 4
Portrait : mfw037.jpg
Date : 12:04, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Sneaking in
-----------------------------------------------------------
That blasted fool, when will he learn to take someone out there with him when he goes. Bugbears and hobgoblins are about, and I am hearing rumors of strangely garbed travelers on the roads, now this.

I don't have the resources to send someone out to the old moathouse to look for him.
===========================================================
From : Chatrilon
Access : player
Posts : 5
Portrait : mfr019.jpg
Date : 12:08, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Sneaking in
-----------------------------------------------------------
I will accompany you to the moathouse to search for Spugnoir. His potions have certainly been an aid to me in the past. Do not fear Renee, I will accompany Jabari on his journey out there. Once there I am sure that the situation can be "taken care of". An out of place grin briefly crosses his face as he finishes speaking.

[Private to Anto: As Chatrilon steps forward and speaks you begin to sense a weak evil aura in the room once more. ]

===========================================================
From : Ruger
Access : player
Posts : 11
Bio1 : Halfling. 37in 33lbs
Bio2 : blk hair, saphr eyes.
Portrait : mfr005.jpg
Date : 12:19, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Sneaking in
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ruger crosses his arm and then lowers his nose to the pit of his arm and takes in a deep sniff and his nose wrinkles as he looks to Frost giving a shrug. He wonders why it seems everyone and thier brother appears at thier table. Reaching behind him he grabs his cloak and clips it back on his armor and checks his helm before jumping down from his chair. Looking around he goes up to what appears to be the owner of the place and speaks as loud as he can to get thier attention. "Pardon me! Might ye have a wash room I could use to clean up?"
===========================================================
From : Maridosen
Access : player
Posts : 2
Portrait : ffr014.jpg
Date : 12:33, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : A Room?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Looking to Ruger, "Our rooms have basins for cleaning up. It will cost you 1 gp a night for the room, if you want the key so you can lock the door at night you'll also need to make a 1 gp deposit."
===========================================================
From : Jedder Ras
Access : player
Posts : 5
Portrait : mfs025.jpg
Date : 12:52, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : a grim reminder
-----------------------------------------------------------
Jedder listens to the conversation between the young elf and captain. When hobgoblins are mentioned he snorts derisively.

"There are more than bugbears and goblins about, Captain. Perhaps it would be wise to be overcautious in this. I am just in from the road but I too would go and see this girl's father home and safe."

His eyes then go to Chatrilon.
===========================================================
From : Chatrilon
Access : player
Posts : 6
Portrait : mfr019.jpg
Date : 13:42, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : If you insist
-----------------------------------------------------------
You are certainly welcome to join me, however I must point out that the trip south to the moathouse will be an uneventful one. No real need for any additional assistance unless you just want to.
===========================================================
From : Ruger
Access : player
Posts : 12
Bio1 : Halfling. 37in 33lbs
Bio2 : blk hair, saphr eyes.
Portrait : mfr005.jpg
Date : 14:17, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : *Pout*
-----------------------------------------------------------
Fingering the coin pouch under his armor he knows he lacks the funds to pay for a room to use just to clean up and looks to the woman with a pout on his face before turning around to head back to the table he was at. He figures he will just have to go use a river later to clean up, but for now he will enjoy the warmth of the place. Climbing back up in his seat he once again stands among those he traveled here with.
===========================================================
From : Jabari
Access : player
Posts : 4
Bio1 : Kind and handsome
Bio2 : young elf
Portrait : mfr004.jpg
Date : 14:23, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: If you insist
-----------------------------------------------------------
Jabari's worried look on his face eases a bit, when he hears the two men offering their help right away. He knew, that Elmo wouldn't be able to accompany him himself, but a few good men would certainly be more than plenty to do the job:

"Thank you all for aiding us in this matter. There haven't been any reports lately, that would point to increasing danger form the moathouse, but it would most defenately not hurt to have a hand full adventurers, who would be willing to solve the mysterious dissapearing of my dear friend. Chatrilon, I am glad you decided to accompany me and you, Sir,"Jabari's gaze turns to wards the serious looking man, who spoke up,"your help is greatly appriciated. What is your name? I am Jabari."

He stretches out his arm to give the stranger a handshake, as he introduces himself.


This message was last edited by the player at 15:05, Tue 19 Nov 2002.
===========================================================
From : Elmo
Access : player
Posts : 5
Portrait : mfw037.jpg
Date : 14:33, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : Settled then
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Well Renne, it looks as though we have at least a couple of people willing to head out in search of your father."

Turning his attention back to the group, "What of the rest of you? You don't intend on causing trouble in my little town do you?"


===========================================================
From : Frost
Access : player
Posts : 9
Portrait : mfr016.jpg
Date : 16:03, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Settled then
-----------------------------------------------------------
"We've seen enough trouble these last few hours" Frost says to Elmo with his best winning smile, "you'll have no problem with us," though looking around at some of the other survivors he has to wonder.

Turning his attention to Rugger, "cash a little tight?" he asks with a sympathetic smile, "you'd be most welcome to share my room if we can persuade them to move an extra bed in there, with things as they stand I'd appreciate someone with a few martial skills nearby, I'm no fighter myself that’s for sure."

Excusing himself, Frost approaches Maridosen and offers her three gold for a room with a key and an extra bed.

===========================================================
From : Maridosen
Access : player
Posts : 3
Portrait : ffr014.jpg
Date : 16:36, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Settled then
-----------------------------------------------------------
If you wish we offer a common room that sleeps up to seven people for the same price. Our private rooms are more comfortable and therefore demand a bit more, but the common rooms are certainly available and as I said they have seven bunks in each one.
===========================================================
From : Ruger
Access : player
Posts : 13
Bio1 : Halfling. 37in 33lbs
Bio2 : blk hair, saphr eyes.
Portrait : mfr005.jpg
Date : 17:10, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Settled then
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ruger smirks at Frost as he looks at him after speaking about causing no trouble giving him that 'Who Me?' look. "Aye. The cash be a bit tight since I was not paid for my journey with the wagons, but if your room has a dresser I can sleep in that or on the floor. Just a place to wash off all this caked on dirt, blood and sweat off my body is all I am really looking for."

He watches frost go over to the owner and then turns his attention to the others at the table. "Well I would be more then happy to help, but of course it would be for a price plus a cut of anything found on our travel." He lets his smirk speak for him as he waits for an answer.
===========================================================
From : Jedder Ras
Access : player
Posts : 6
Portrait : mfs025.jpg
Date : 18:47, Tue 19 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Settled then
-----------------------------------------------------------
The "serious looking man" extends his hand briefly.

"I am Jedder Ras and it is my duty to see this done. " He turns to the table. "When do we go?" He sits and waves for a mug.
===========================================================
From : Anto
Access : player
Posts : 7
Bio1 : Halfling - Male
Bio2 : Pal/Sor
Date : 03:38, Wed 20 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Settled then
-----------------------------------------------------------
Anto looks over the room one more time as if looking for something then turns to the search party forming at their table.
[Private to GM: Focusing on source of evil.]
"Aye, how could I not help in such a matter and a noble cauuse. It is something I desire to partake in."
After saying so he turns to the other matter after seeing Ruger finger his purse.
"Worry not, I too can assist if you need....."
Pausing
"Barkeep! Do you have two seven man rooms that are joined by a door? That may do even better."
===========================================================
From : Maridosen
Access : player
Posts : 4
Portrait : ffr014.jpg
Date : 08:56, Wed 20 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Settled then
-----------------------------------------------------------
Aye, we can certainly aid you in that matter. Our common rooms do connect, we had that done a few years ago. Seems that a lot of groups such as yourselves made similar requests, so we were certainly willing to accomodate them.

[Private to Anto: There are faint traces of evil on Maridosen and Chatrilon]

===========================================================
From : Renne
Access : player
Posts : 2
Portrait : ffs072.jpg
Date : 08:59, Wed 20 Nov 2002
Subject : My father......
-----------------------------------------------------------
My father sells potions and elixors, I am sure that he would be more than willing to compensate you for your efforts to aid him with potions, maybe even a modest amount of coin.

I myself only have ten silver bits, but I am certainly willing to give them to you if you will help my father.
===========================================================
From : Jabari
Access : player
Posts : 7
Bio1 : Kind and handsome
Bio2 : young elf
Portrait : mfr004.jpg
Date : 10:13, Wed 20 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: My father......
-----------------------------------------------------------
Jabari looks around into all the faces of the people, who offered their help so freely and a trace of satisfaction seems to fill his gaze for a brief moment. Surely he thinks to himself, with that much help we ought to be able to get Renne's father back save and sound and not run too big of a risk ourselves and all be safe in the end.
He smiles kindly at the little girl and says with a soft voice:

"Keep your silver bits, sunshine, I am sure we will find a way to pay off those good people, willing to help find your father. You just make sure, you stay save while I am gone."[Private to The Dungeon Master: HEy, who in town can I TRUST to take care of the girl?].

Jabari turns his attention to all the volunteers and says with a bit clearer voice:

"Looking at you, I feel, that you at least need the chance to eat, wash up and get a good nights rest. We will set out at dusk, if that is alright with you. I myself have to make some preparations, before we leave. I will be waiting for you in front of the Inn at set time."


This message was last edited by the player at 12:27, Wed 20 Nov 2002.
===========================================================
From : Ruger
Access : player
Posts : 15
Bio1 : Halfling. 37in 33lbs
Bio2 : blk hair, saphr eyes.
Portrait : mfr005.jpg
Date : 12:21, Wed 20 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: My father......
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ruger nods as he listens to the elf speak of eating and resting before setting out to find her father. Though he is glad to see they will get some sort of reward for helping. That is if they live through it and lord knows nothing is as cut and dry as it sounds. The money he can save before returning home will make for a better life for his family. "Dusk works for me and so does getting a chance to eat, clean up and rest after the last few days."
===========================================================
From : Talia of Rel Astra
Access : player
Posts : 4
Portrait : fmc058.jpg
Date : 19:51, Wed 20 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: My father......
-----------------------------------------------------------
Talia sits quietly by the fire, staring into the flames, though she occasionally looks over toward the others. "I know what it is to have someone missing. If a druid can be of help, I will gladly go. Something is amiss in these parts - the undead are stirring, and that is not a good thing. Perhaps on this journey, we can find some clue as to why they walk, and how to return them to nature's course."

She stands, and bows toward the woman, then looks to the innkeeper. "A bed in your common room will suit me. I am tired enough that I think I can sleep, even indoors."
===========================================================
From : The Dungeon Master
Access : GM
Posts : 16
Portrait : mfs016.jpg
Date : 13:19, Thu 21 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: My father......
-----------------------------------------------------------
Continue posting on "The Moathouse"
===========================================================

RathOfLanderdrachen
Pie
(11/24/02 3:54:14 pm)
Reply
Post #2
===========================================================
From : The Dungeon Master
Access : GM
Posts : 15
Portrait : mfs016.jpg
Date : 13:19, Thu 21 Nov 2002
Subject : The Moathouse
-----------------------------------------------------------
One by one the party members retire to gain some must needed rest. The rest is certainly welcome and much needed.

Day quickly turns to evening and evening to dusk, as the party climbs from their bunks and file out to meet with Jabari and Chatrilon. Having left little Renee with Elmo for the evening, the elf is quickly ready to depart.

The trip out to the moathouse is not very long as the horses Elmo provided you with cover the 18 mile trip in only a couple of hours. The full moon ans clear night provide some very limited visibility, however those without the benefit of lowlight vision are limited to only about thirty feet of visibility. The drawbridge leading into the moathouse is only a scant twenty feet due north of you.




This message was last edited by the GM at 13:28, Thu 21 Nov 2002.
===========================================================
From : Jabari
Access : player
Posts : 8
Bio1 : Kind and handsome
Bio2 : young elf
Portrait : mfr004.jpg
Date : 15:22, Thu 21 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Moathouse
-----------------------------------------------------------
Drawing the Moathouse into view, Jabari, who had taken the lead during the ride, motions everybody to a stop and climbs off his horse. He indicates, that he will go and scout ahead about 100 feet, just enough to get a good look at the entrance and the sourrounding area[Private to The Dungeon Master: Stacy, if I know the Spugnoir, would I know, where he usually looks for his herbs?].
Jabari whispers something about being back in a few moments and dissapears into the night.

===========================================================
From : Anto
Access : player
Posts : 8
Bio1 : Halfling - Male
Bio2 : Pal/Sor
Date : 15:33, Thu 21 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Moathouse
-----------------------------------------------------------
Looking at the place Anto is rather unsure what to expect after the last few days but calls to the others,
"Yeah, let us dismount. It wouldn't do for the horses to get spooked and we get seperated astride a scared mount."
And jumps down from his lofty perch. Hrumph! Another reason he chose a slightly different lifestyle.
===========================================================
From : Chatrilon
Access : player
Posts : 7
Portrait : mfr019.jpg
Date : 16:24, Thu 21 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Moathouse
-----------------------------------------------------------
I will accompany you, I am rather skilled at creeping in and out of places, plus I have been here before.

Stopping the elf for just a moment, Chatrilon attempts to work out a couple of hand signals with the elf so that unspoken communication can be had. "Friends, if we are in over our heads I will fire a lit crossbow bolt into the air so that you may know we are in dire straits."

Chatrilon will then follow the lead of Jabari into the shadows of the moathouse.
===========================================================
From : Jedder Ras
Access : player
Posts : 8
Portrait : mfs025.jpg
Date : 16:25, Thu 21 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Moathouse
-----------------------------------------------------------
Jedder dismounts and stands stock still. He extends his awareness into the night. Trying to see with closed eyes and discern whether danger lurks unbidden and unseen in the murky shadows.

ooc: I would like to make a listen check: dang a 24!
===========================================================
From : The Dungeon Master
Access : GM
Posts : 19
Portrait : mfs016.jpg
Date : 16:26, Thu 21 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Moathouse
-----------------------------------------------------------
Chatrilon and Jabari finalize a couple of simple hand gestures and then make their way into the moathouse.

As they vanish from sight, a lone wolf howl can be heard from out in the forest somewhere.

Chat and Jabari, move your posting to Sneaking Around for your time in the moathouse scouting.
===========================================================
From : Anto
Access : player
Posts : 9
Bio1 : Halfling - Male
Bio2 : Pal/Sor
Date : 16:45, Thu 21 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Moathouse
-----------------------------------------------------------
Focusing his own detection sight as well, looking for unpleasant guest
===========================================================
From : The Dungeon Master
Access : GM
Posts : 21
Portrait : mfs016.jpg
Date : 16:51, Thu 21 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Moathouse
-----------------------------------------------------------
Somewhere in the forest behind you, and judging from the sound not so very far away, a twig snaps as if someone stepped on it. Listening a bit closer soft footsteps can be heard.
===========================================================
From : Jedder Ras
Access : player
Posts : 9
Portrait : mfs025.jpg
Date : 16:53, Thu 21 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Moathouse
-----------------------------------------------------------
Jedder moves quietly into a combat stance, no weapons, and peers in the direction he thought he heard the noise.

ooc: 17 on spot check if I need one.
===========================================================
From : Ruger
Access : player
Posts : 16
Bio1 : Halfling. 37in 33lbs
Bio2 : blk hair, saphr eyes.
Portrait : mfr005.jpg
Date : 20:38, Thu 21 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Moathouse
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ruger clicks the visor on his helm to allow the darkvision to activate allowing him to see somewhat better in the darkness. After checking to make sure the helm is hooked onto the clasp on his armor he draws forth his bow and knocks an arrow as he scans the area for signs of trouble. His ears strain to listen for sounds that are not natural.

[OOC: Spot: 14, Listen: 7. Dice roller hates me. :P ]
===========================================================
From : Jabari
Access : player
Posts : 10
Bio1 : Kind and handsome
Bio2 : young elf
Portrait : mfr004.jpg
Date : 21:01, Thu 21 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Moathouse
-----------------------------------------------------------
OOC

That dice roller hates everybody. I rolled 3 ones in a row yesterday in another game.
===========================================================
From : Chatrilon
Access : player
Posts : 11
Portrait : mfr019.jpg
Date : 14:12, Fri 22 Nov 2002
Subject : Trouble in there
-----------------------------------------------------------
A single figure quickly moves out of the moathouse and its gate and heads toward the group. "There is trouble in there, the northern wall contains arrow slits, behind them are some pretty accurate archers. They did not notice me as I slipped through the shadows, Jabari however was not so lucky. They managed to hit him. There is a tower just over there, as he points to the round structure at the southwestern corner of the building. I was able to drag him into there and out of their line of fire, I fear for his life.
===========================================================
From : Anto
Access : player
Posts : 10
Bio1 : Halfling - Male
Bio2 : Pal/Sor
Date : 14:40, Fri 22 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: Trouble in there
-----------------------------------------------------------
Still in focus
[Private to GM: IS Chatrilon radiating more evil?]
After a few moments Anto walks around the side of the horses, waves his hands a few times seeming to be talking to himself.
[Private to GM: Casting 'Charm Person' DC=15]
"Chatrilon, what did you say was happening again?"
Most curious.....

This message was last edited by the player at 15:21, Fri 22 Nov 2002.
===========================================================
From : Chatrilon
Access : player
Posts : 12
Portrait : mfr019.jpg
Date : 16:46, Fri 22 Nov 2002
Subject : The Truth
-----------------------------------------------------------
Okay Anto my friend, I can't lie to you. There were no archers, I killed Jabari. He was going to cause harm to those that are working below the moathouse. It is okay though, I have a scroll that can bring him back to the world of the living.

I'm sorry, I truly do not wish to harm you.
===========================================================
From : The Dungeon Master
Access : GM
Posts : 24
Portrait : mfs016.jpg
Date : 16:48, Fri 22 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Truth
-----------------------------------------------------------
As Chatrilon's oddly timed confession hangs on the air, you can't help but wonder what in the world is going on here.

[Private to Anto: Great move with the spell there. I grant you 100 xp for it.]
Smart move Anto, great timing.
===========================================================
From : Frost
Access : player
Posts : 11
Portrait : mfr016.jpg
Date : 16:54, Fri 22 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Truth
-----------------------------------------------------------
The poem Frost quoted as he moved over to the drawbridge to take a cautious look, sounded like something from a children's nursery rhyme and the words, though they seemed familiar, couldn’t quite be made out, when he asked, "how many are there, did you see any sign of Spugnor?" there's no mistaking what he says.

[Private to GM: Cast Mage Armour on self]


This message was last edited by the player at 19:02, Fri 22 Nov 2002.
===========================================================
From : Anto
Access : player
Posts : 11
Bio1 : Halfling - Male
Bio2 : Pal/Sor
Date : 16:58, Fri 22 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Truth
-----------------------------------------------------------
*Eyes Wide open*
"Just who are these men under the moathouse? How many are there? and do they expect you to lead us into an ambush?"
He is thinking fast, as they may be in trouble now.
===========================================================
From : Ruger
Access : player
Posts : 17
Bio1 : Halfling. 37in 33lbs
Bio2 : blk hair, saphr eyes.
Portrait : mfr005.jpg
Date : 17:27, Fri 22 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Truth
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hearing the words that come out of Chatrilon's mouth Ruger brings his bow up and pulls the string taught with the fine crafted arrow pointed at his heart. "Looks like we will have to put you down like a rabid dog as I see you as nothing more then a traitor. No matter how this ends I will not travel with the likes of you."
===========================================================
From : Anto
Access : player
Posts : 12
Bio1 : Halfling - Male
Bio2 : Pal/Sor
Date : 18:11, Fri 22 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Truth
-----------------------------------------------------------
Anto looks at Chatrilon to Ruger then speaks to Ruger first,
"Indeed, he has done wrong."
He gives Ruger a wink and goes on.
"Though should we kill him here we are not much better, besides I am sure he wants to make right what he has done. AS it has saddened me, his truely hurtful actions."
Anto tries to put it on thick as he knows Chatrilon views him as a friend while under his spell.
"Chatrilon, could you please answer my other questions? We want to help our friend soon. And please put aside all your weapons as not to hurt me."
Saying the last Anto reaches into a bag in his backpack.
===========================================================
From : Chatrilon
Access : player
Posts : 13
Portrait : mfr019.jpg
Date : 18:37, Fri 22 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Truth
-----------------------------------------------------------
Dropping his weapons, Chatrilon continues to speak, "I mean only to protect my friends beneath the moathouse. That is why I try to discourage people from coming out here, they are merely searching the ruins for valuables. There is no ambush planned for you and I do not know where Spugnoir is. As I said though, I am willing to show someone to the elf if they wish to use my scroll."

Nervously looking at Ruger's bow, "That's not necessary friend, I have no intention of harming you, you needn't have that weapon to deal with me. You are my friends, I wouldn't think of harming you."
===========================================================
From : Jedder Ras
Access : player
Posts : 10
Portrait : mfs025.jpg
Date : 18:45, Fri 22 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Truth
-----------------------------------------------------------
Jedder looks unfazed. Where is the elf? He makes ready to move toward the moathouse but doesn't seem to be letting down his guard.
===========================================================
From : Ruger
Access : player
Posts : 18
Bio1 : Halfling. 37in 33lbs
Bio2 : blk hair, saphr eyes.
Portrait : mfr005.jpg
Date : 20:13, Fri 22 Nov 2002
Subject : Re: The Truth
-----------------------------------------------------------
Looking to the Chatrilon he keeps the arrow aimed at his heart as his words do not seem to bother the young halfling. "Sorry, but you are not my friend. You killed one of our party so that voids any chance fo friendship in my book. I am sure Jabari would have understood if you had told him those people were friends of yours, but rather you most likely stabbed him in the back." The anger can be heard in the little ones voice at the actions of Chatrilon. "We will all go to make sure Jabari is raised and so you do not try to kill any more of us with lies."
===========================================================
From : Anto
Access : player
Posts : 13
Bio1 : Halfling - Male
Bio2 : Pal/Sor
Date : 01:24, Yesterday
Subject : Re: The Truth
-----------------------------------------------------------
Feeling that things are not well Anto makes another suggestion as he pulls an item from his bag. He again addresses his spell captive,
"Could you please adorn yourself with these to help keep everyone a little more calm."
He holds out a pair of shackles from his bag, tools of the trade really. A habit of turning folk over to the authorities.

Anto moves over to Ruger and speaks to his fellow halfling.
"Ruger, I am not his friend, only that he is under a spell and more honest along with managable. Though do watch him, as the spell is far from permanent."
Clapping him assuringly on the shoulder he moves to help with the shackles.
===========================================================
From : Chatrilon
Access : player
Posts : 14
Portrait : mfr019.jpg
Date : 07:18, Yesterday
Subject : I'll show you where he is
-----------------------------------------------------------
Frowning as the shackles are placed about his ankles Chatrilon readily agrees to lead the group into the moathouse in search of Jabari.

"As I said, the elf is within that tower," pointing to the ruins of the squat stone tower in the southwest corner of the moathouse. Inside there is an open wooden door that leads inside its base, he lies dead on the floor in there.
===========================================================
From : Frost
Access : player
Posts : 12
Portrait : mfr016.jpg
Date : 20:00, Yesterday
Subject : Re: I'll show you where he is
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Come then, bring your scroll and let us be quick," Frost says as he continued to peer inside the old fortress, now looking for the door that had been mentioned.
===========================================================
From : Anto
Access : player
Posts : 14
Bio1 : Halfling - Male
Bio2 : Pal/Sor
Date : 01:34, Today
Subject : Re: I'll show you where he is
-----------------------------------------------------------
As they march the shackled killer to the site of his crime Anto makes sure of something,
"Be sure to tell your frinds not to do anything that might harm me. Tell them just to be calm if we see them."
He asks frost to walk in front of Chatrilon so the shackles are not as visible. The rest of the team may be catchable if we are LUCKY.
He says the last with a wink, and a prayer as she is his favored.
===========================================================
From : Frost
Access : player
Posts : 13
Portrait : mfr016.jpg
Date : 06:13, Today
Subject : Re: I'll show you where he is
-----------------------------------------------------------
Frost nods and with a smile, leads the way, seeking the wooden door into the tower but all the while his eyes flit nervously about the eerie courtyard.
===========================================================
From : The Dungeon Master
Access : GM
Posts : 25
Portrait : mfs016.jpg
Date : 08:10, Today
Subject : Come this way
-----------------------------------------------------------
As the group follows Frost and Chatrilon across the courtyard and towards the tower, an eerie feeling of "being watched" comes over the group. The shackles on Chatrilon's ankles clanking awkwardly as the chain bounces off the stone floor of the moathouse.

Arriving at the tower without incident, which is surprising considering the amount of noise Chatrilon's shackles are making, the body of Jabari is found inside it as Chatrilon said it would be.



This message was last edited by the GM at 08:10, Today.
===========================================================
From : Chatrilon
Access : player
Posts : 15
Portrait : mfr019.jpg
Date : 08:12, Today
Subject : My scroll
-----------------------------------------------------------
Taking his scroll out, "I will make things right for our friend now."

Reading from his scroll Chatrilon begins to mumble a few unintelligible words from a largely forgotten tongue.


OOC--Casts Raise Dead from scroll
===========================================================
From : The Dungeon Master
Access : GM
Posts : 26
Portrait : mfs016.jpg
Date : 08:13, Today
Subject : What happened?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Nothing happens for a moment, you almost wonder if the elf's soul has refused to return....

Then a finger moves, and eye twitches, seconds later Jabari slowly sits up with a confused but angry look on his face.
===========================================================
From : Ruger
Access : player
Posts : 19
Bio1 : Halfling. 37in 33lbs
Bio2 : blk hair, saphr eyes.
Portrait : mfr005.jpg
Date : 11:18, Today
Subject : Re: What happened?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ruger keeps and eye and his small ears out for signs of trouble as the tip of his well crafter arrow is pointed right at the back of Chatrilon. He hopes the elf is ok, but not much he can do as he has no ability to bandage wounds. "I say we check Chatrilon for any other items that may help speed up Jabari's healing before we send him naked running through the woods." A smirk plays over his face as he speaks.

[OOC: spot: 17, listen: 7. got one good roll I guess before the dice roller started to hate me. :P]
===========================================================
From : Frost
Access : player
Posts : 14
Portrait : mfr016.jpg
Date : 17:21, Today
Subject : Re: What happened?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Easy there friend," Frost says as he moves over to help Jabari to his feet, "all is well now thanks mostly to Anto here, your assailant is captivated by his magical personality."
===========================================================

RathOfLanderdrachen
Pie
(11/26/02 6:54:52 am)
Reply
Comments are welcome
Anyone's comments or suggestions are certainly available.

<< Prev Topic | Next Topic >>

Add Reply

Email This To a Friend Email This To a Friend
Topic Control Image Topic Commands
Subscribe Click to receive email notification of replies
Unsubscribe Click to stop receiving email notification of replies
jump to:

- Okay -- Your Turn - Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil - Home -



Powered By ezboard® Ver. 7.105
Copyright ©1999-2002 ezboard, Inc.
Accelerated By JXEL